7 Jun 2018
What does GDPR mean to me?
According to this recent (and quite wordy!) article in The Economist, personal data is officially more valuable than oil. Every day we give our names and contact details away freely in order to sign up to things and buy goods online. But what happens to our data once a company has it? How is it stored? Is it shared? These are all important questions. Have you ever had a cold call from a strange company trying to sell you accident insurance or a flood of emails from a wine company you had never bought from? It is more than likely that at some stage, many moons before, your personal data was shared with this ‘third party’ company and they in term, used it to contact you directly.
Protecting your data
What about my details at Pembroke Dental?
As healthcare providers, it is part of our practice to process and store information about our patients and all dentists must adhere to our own strict set of laws around confidentiality. However, GDPR affects us too and we have taken care to make sure that we are on top of it.
Here at Pembroke Dental, we like to keep in touch with our patients from time to time in order to let them know about treatment recalls, news from our team or Cool Clean Club, new treatments or even award wins. We want to make sure that our patients are still happy to hear from us and for this reason have sent an official ‘opt in’ email to out to all. We have also contacted patients about the data that we have on file for them to make sure that they are still happy for details to be stored. Appointment reminders are not affected by GDPR so rest assured that these will still be making their way to you as usual.
If you are a patient at Pembroke Dental and would like to know more about how your details are stored or want to ‘opt in’ to our periodical emails, please email us.
- Tips from our skincare expert: Protecting your skin from the sun
- Five minutes with our hygienist, Lina Ziliene
- Why should I go for a hygiene appointment?
- Prosecco and teeth - what’s the deal?
- Caring for your feet
- Invisalign - the nearly invisible alternative to braces
- Planning a summer holiday this year? Don’t forget your teeth
- The Mouth is the Mirror of the Body
- New website focuses on patient needs
- Five-minutes with our Periodontist, Dr Phillip Christie
- Understanding costs
- What is a smile makeover?
- Five minutes with Rachel Murphy
- The social media generation
- Getting them off to the right start
- Five minutes with Dr Davina Graham
- Keeping kids teeth healthy!
- Fastbraces in Leinster
- Five minutes with Dr Lisa Doyle
- Double award win for Pembroke!
- Braces aren’t just for kids
- Getting greener with your dental health
- Ultherapy, the facelift without needles
- We’re having babies later than ever
- The world’s oldest dentist is a Neanderthal
- The Celtic roots of Halloween
- Need a mouthguard for the Schools Fitness Challenge?
- "Record teeth extractions in under-4s"
- Poor diet behind one in five deaths
- Scientists: smiling makes you better
- How to stay safe with Botox and dermal fillers
- Carlow men urged to get checked for high blood pressure
- We’re getting wiser about sugar
- We think our kids deserve better
- How dogs domesticated humans
- Men, remember to service your chassis once a year
- Proud end to Carlow’s All-Ireland campaign
- Handle mail order braces with care
- Nine weeks left for our Invisalign girl Natasha
- How our new scanner makes your life better
- Welcome to our new Bunclody dental practice
- Meet Karen. You can ask her anything
- Into the future with an Intero Digital Scanner
- Invisalign Open Evenings in March
- Meet our new treatment co ordinator
- Rejuve moves to Pembroke
- Best Child Friendly Practice!
- Making the shortlist
- Double Celebration
- Open Evening at The Granby Clinic
- Our travelling dentists
- Spooky Halloween snack ideas
- Teen Week
- Specialist Hearing Aid services now at The Granby Clinic
- What would we do without you?
- Invisalign Open Day
- Braces on a Saturday!
- Best Practice 2016
- Five Pembroke Dental entries shortlisted for 2016 Irish Dentistry Awards
- Physical therapist joins Granby clinic
- Team Spirit
- If you've got it covered, so have we!
- Elisa and Naoimi pass with flying colours!
- Thank you Carlow!
- A new face in town
- Foot care now available @Granby
- Pembroke Dental's new baby @Granby Dental
- Pembroke Dental Laboratory offers Valplast
- Periodontist and Implant Specialist joins Pembroke
- Congratulations to Kayla!
- Second Practice of the Year Award